I wish I could forget

wow! we have been non-stop lately!

as i have already noted, i have been reading a book by t. f. tenney, called "some things i wish i could forget".

i was thinking this morning when i woke up about writing my own thoughts on this subject.

i wish i could forget about all the times i have failed God. oh wait! isn't that what baptism is all about? and faith? knowing that we have been covered by the blood of Jesus and His forgiveness is ours each day?

i wish i could forget about all the things i have to get done long enough to sit and truly be refreshed in the presence of God. wait a minute! isn't that why i am here? to experience life more abundantly walking in God's steps and waiting on Him for the answers to the questions i have in my life?

i wish i could forget sleepless nights. what ever happened to me believing that God is not a God of fear, but of love, of peace and of a sound mind?

i wish i could forget the harsh words i have spoken in my neglect to care for the feelings of the one to whom i am speaking. the scripture comes to mind, a soft answer turns away wrath, and the verse that says if i say i love God and do not show love to my brothers and sisters in Christ, i really cannot love God.

i wish i would not feel kicked in the butt so often in my walk with God. i must be really trying to reach a goal of pleasing God, or i guess i wouldn't feel anything when i mess up.

thanks God for your forgiveness and for your mercy that is brand new each day.

0 comments: