GOLDEN

Among the earliest appearances in English is Earl Rivers' translation of a saying of Socrates (Dictes and Sayenges of the Philosophirs, 1477): "Do to other as thou wouldst they should do to thee, and do to none other but as thou wouldst be done to." It is so well known that it is often shortened. (taken from answers.com)

Dan and I had a few freshly cut strawberries smothered in whipped cream beside a piece of chocolate chess pie from Fancy Pastry after a long relaxing Sunday afternoon nap.

This evening, we were free. What a nice change.

I noshed, while staring through our kitchen window, then began to think of my neighbor, Mrs. Anthony who was more than likely enjoying the same view as me.

I walked outside to sit on the stairs in front of our home looking forward to enjoying the warmth of the sun as it set. A few ants walked by, and a baby jumping spider. I enjoy nature but have not been known to connect well with insects.

This prompted me to get up and walk back inside.

I looked through my book drawer and found a silly little book from which I have gained encouragement in the past. The book is called, The Dot.

I took a few pieces of pie and The Dot to Mrs. Anthony and talked to her for over an hour.

When I arrived, I noticed she had not yet eaten dinner - so I called Dan.

He came over to bring her some of the leftovers from last evening's meal. I made Ginger Glazed Tilapia with roasted red potatoes and lightly steamed broccoli with garlic. It was delicious!

All I'm saying is... take what you have and share it with someone who doesn't have- what I experienced tonight was GOLDEN.

0 comments: