Forever Young



What can I say? I LOVE THIS COMMERCIAL! (and I LOVE THE SONG!)

While visiting my grandmother recently, I feel like God reminded me that He wants us to be "forever young" in Him.

Let me explain: Ephesians 5:27 (NLT) - He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.

My grandmother has Alzheimer's. While I sat with her a few weeks ago, she was rubbing my hand and trying to gently push down the wrinkles I have on my knuckles.

While she did this I noticed her age spots. She is absolutely beautiful. I began thinking of spots and wrinkles and Ephesians 5:27 came to mind.

Even though this is not theologically correct (this is NOT what the scripture is actually saying), it drove a point home to me.

Jesus is coming back for a church without spot or wrinkle. When I think of spots or wrinkles I think of the aging process.

I want to be young in Christ - forever young. I want to have the faith of a child, no matter how old I get. I want my relationship with Christ to be exciting and fresh, not boring and stale.

Fall in love with Christ again today - and be FOREVER YOUNG.

0 comments: