Why does SIN happen in my life?

I have recently studied scriptures that have helped me understand a little more about myself and the sin we all fight off on a daily basis.

Questions that I have asked myself and that I imagine others who have fallen into sin may also ask themselves:

"What is happening to me?"

Romans 7:23 (NLT) - But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.

"Why is this happening to me?"

Romans 7:25b (NLT) - ...but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

"What can I do to be different?"

Romans 12:2 - Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

After more time studying, I found the following verses that have really become a strong positive for me on my quest to learn more about being an overcomer.

Romans 1:18 (NLT) - But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who push the truth away from themselves.

Romans 1:19 (NLT) - For the truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts.

Romans 1:21 (NLT) - Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. The result was that their minds became dark and confused.

I ask myself, "Do I know God?"

I feel like I know a good bit about God. I was raised in the Church and was a Bible quizzer for years. (Bible Quizzers memorize the Bible and are quizzed on what they learn with other "Bible Quiz Teams" across North America.)

Then I ask myself, "How many times have I not worshiped God when I know I should have?"

..."Have I been thankful?"

It seems like Romans 1:21 is exactly what I needed to read.

I gathered two very important points from this scripture to catapult me into a new way of thinking.

If I worship God and remain thankful, I will not become confused and I will not find it difficult to make clear sin-free decisions.

0 comments: