altars

Doors were closing in several areas of her life and important, life-changing decisions loomed overhead.

She and I had spoken recently of the imminent changes with which she would be faced. With two days to give her "Final Answer" - she hoped she made the right choice.

Have you ever been there?

I have.

The "odd sense of direction" comes into play when I feel like I am to be somewhere - or to be doing something very specific, and I am not there nor am I doing what I feel I should be doing. (I am speaking of my long-term God-given goal.)

I guess I forget that sometimes there are steps I must take in order to get to my final destination. (or to arrive at my "place of calling" - whether "place" references actual location, or specific ministry, depends on where you are right now, I suppose.)

I think of Abraham in Genesis 12. I reference this chapter regularly.

God told Abraham to "Get up and get out of your house so that you can go to the place that I will show you!"

Abraham didn't really know where he was going, at least I don't think that he knew where he was going - (he was trusting God for direction with every step along the way) - I think he knew that change was imminent even if all the details hadn't quite fallen into place as he may have liked or expected.

What did Abraham do? He built altars. He remembered who was leading him.

This blog should serve as a reminder that if you are not where you hoped to be - there's still hope... we are on a journey - keeeeeeeeeeep walking! (one of our favorite lines from An American Tale)

I feel confident that the end is greater than the beginning. You WILL arrive!

There are steps that we must take that will get us to the place that our heart longs for - that God-given goal will be accomplished... keep walking. Keep building altars.

2 comments:



Jenn Mann said...

Thanks! You are a constant encouragment in my life. I love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your site. I have just gone through and read every one and your are such a blessing and encouragement. You have a way of showing God's word in human terms that bring it home to the heart. Keep up the good work.