I'm afraid of the dark



This is not just a catchy title; I really AM AFRAID of the dark. I admit it.

When Dan and I were first married, I would try to hide from him so I could jump out and scare him. He knew exactly what to do. He began walking around the house turning off all the lights... in the end, I came out of hiding to find HIM, because I was the one who was scared.

After a recent study on Genesis 1:2, I found that the dark is not something of which I should be afraid. This is what I read, "The earth was empty, a formless mass cloaked in darkness. And the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters."

Before anything else was, there was God. He dwelt in the darkness.

I Kings 8:12 says: "Then Solomon prayed, "O LORD, you have said that you would live in thick darkness. "

It may sound silly, but this thought today has helped me know that no matter if I am in physical darkness while falling asleep at night, or if I am feeling less spiritual from time to time (a type of darkness), God is ALWAYS with me.

0 comments: