wednesday, december 12

Last night, I went shopping for "The Great Stocking Stuffer" program that the Salvation Army puts on each year for families that cannot afford to purchase Christmas gifts for their children.

http://www.salvationarmy.ca/stuffers/

Dan and I are sponsoring six children this year, we have never done this before, but it feels like the right thing to do.

**

For Christmas this year, we are giving gifts in honor of those who would normally receive gifts from us.

The six stockings that we are giving will be in honor of six of my co-workers at The Arts Council.

**

This is the email I received from one of my co-workers after I told her that I was not buying gifts this year, as I have in the past.

Wow, thank you so much! Honestly, that really is the best thing you could have done for me as I'm trying to move away from having a lot of things that just clutter up my life - I'm all about simplifying. I like that these gifts will be used to help those who really need it.
I'm really touched - thanks!


From me to my co-workers:

Dan and I are giving gifts in your honor, to the Salvation Army – through the GREAT STOCKING STUFFER program, for Christmas this year.

Click here for more details on the program: http://www.salvationarmy.ca/stuffers/

Best,
Christie

P.S. – We are trying to utilize our funds to meet real needs this Christmas.

0 comments: