Command

Proverbs 3:2 NLT says - If you do this, you will live many years and your life will be satisfying.

This was my iGoogle verse of the day yesterday.

I kept wondering what "this" is ("If you do THIS" you will live many years...), so this morning, I wanted to do a little research and share it with you.

Proverbs 3:1 NLT says - My child, never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart,

Proverbs 3:3 NIV says - Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck,write them on the tablet of your heart.

What are the commands of God?

I started at Genesis and looked through over 100 verses to give you these little nuggets... based on a study of the word "command".

Deuteronomy 15:11 NIV - There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Deuteronomy 19:9 NKJV - and if you keep all these commandments and do them, which I command you today, to love the LORD your God and to walk always in His ways, then you shall add three more cities for yourself besides these three,

Deuteronomy 30:16 NLT - I have commanded you today to love the Lord your God and to keep his commands, laws, and regulations by walking in his ways. If you do this, you will live and become a great nation, and the Lord your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy.

John 15:17 - These things I command you, that ye love one another.

I will study the word, "commandment" in the future and share my findings with you. For now, we have a few very specific commands from Christ that we can begin working on in our personal lives.

0 comments: