Shut the horn up!

Ha Ha! I knew this title would grab you! =)

Yesterday, in my time with God - I began to read the book of Daniel. My eyes fell on the seventh chapter - after which I became inspired to write...

Daniel 7:20-22 (NLT) - I also asked about the ten horns on the fourth beast's head and the little horn that came up afterward and destroyed three of the other horns. This was the horn that seemed greater than the others and had human eyes and a mouth that was boasting arrogantly. As I watched, this horn was waging war against the holy people and was defeating them, until the Ancient One came and judged in favor of the holy people of the Most High. Then the time arrived for the holy people to take over the kingdom.

The above words were written to explain a vision Daniel had.

When I read this portion, "the little horn that came up afterward and destroyed three of the other horns was the horn that SEEMED greater than the others and had human eyes and a mouth that was boasting arrogantly. This horn waged war against the holy people and was defeating them...", I thought, someone needs to shut the HORN up!

The scripture says that the horn is little - it just has a big mouth full of arrogant boasting.

Take whatever you want from this little revelation I have received - The Ancient One is on His way and we will be delivered! In the meantime, just remember, that mouthy little horn SEEMS bigger than it really is. In the end, we will win.

0 comments: