monday, september 17

my thoughts this morning...

i go back to work full-time on october 1st - having mixed emotions about that right now.

i love my mornings at home.

**

a book i have been reading that has relevance...

simply strategic growth - attracting a crowd to your church by tim stevens and tony morgan - you can buy this book by clicking this link: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/used/listingResults.asp?z=y&stage=csListingResults&WID=12554002

Here is an excerpt for you to ponder.

"When people come after you with a baseless accusation, just look for the kernel of truth that God may want you to hear, and let the rest of it go."

"It's natural to want to defend yourself and your ministry. I wanted to pick up the phone and call this guy. I wanted to explain to him why he was wrong and what we were really trying to do. I wanted him to meet a thousand people who have had their lives changed by Jesus while at Granger. If they could tell their stories, surely he would change his view! I wanted to invite him to Clear Lake on a Sunday afternoon in September so he could watch 400 adults being baptized in one service. I wanted to sit down with him and watch the video of the service in August when 365 people publicly accepted Christ into their lives. But I realized it's not my job to change his heart. We just need to keep doing the next right thing. We need to continue to reach our community with the love of Christ. We need to look for opportunities to reach out to him and his church in love, but really - we just need to keep doing what God has called us to do."

be encouraged today... you cannot please man AND God, so you might as well just do your best to please God and let Him worry about man.

0 comments: