Speaking of Seek

Speaking of Seek…..

Matthew 6:33 comes to mind…

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The word, seek, is translated here the same way as it was in yesterday's study: to demand, to require something of someone…

What are we to seek? This verse says that we are to seek, crave, long for more than anything, the kingdom of God.

What is the kingdom of God? Is this an actual place for which we should seek? I want to be clear on this – I want to be seeking after the right thing… kingdom of God translated is "the power or reign of God in our lives".

We are to crave the act of God taking over and reigning in our lives, okay, that makes sense…

Reading on, this scripture also says, we are to seek or crave His righteousness…righteousness translated is the state of him who is as he ought to be, integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness, correctness of thinking feeling, and acting.

So, I have learned from this verse so far, that if I crave God's power and authority in my life, and crave His virtue, His purity, His perfection, His rightness, THEN all of these things will be added unto me – well, what are ALL OF THESE THINGS?

As I am writing this I am studying for myself – and am in awe of God showing me through His Word and my trusty http://www.blueletter.com/ that "all of these things" are exactly what we have been reading thus far – all of these things are His righteousness, His power, His authority, His freedom to reign over our hearts and minds, and in our lives.

Okay, so today's thought is a little simpler than I thought it would be… I thought "All of these things" was related in some way to the desires of our hearts as found in Psalms. The scripture says, Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thy heart. (Psalm 37:4)

God's Word is so relevant – and easy to understand – I know I tend to make things more difficult sometimes… I am thankful today that God has shown me His love and has uncovered a greater truth to me, that if I seek Him, He will let me find Him. =)

I will compare Matthew 6:33 with Psalm 37:4 in another study – I hope you have learned something today – I know I have. =)

0 comments: