Loving to sleep in and loving my husband

the early bird NAYC registration is due today! you only pay $30 (per person) if you register before 11:59pm. go to http://www.northamericanyouthcongress.com/ to get registered!

dan and i just registered and are very excited to be a part of this unbelievably awesome event!

**

when i awoke, all i could think was, i need to help dan get on his way by making him a cup of freshly ground, freshly brewed snickerdandy coffee and an extremely crispy thomas english muffin on which I would cake strawberry cream cheese.

feeling like it was the crack of dawn, at 7:30am, mind you, i pulled myself from our soft, warm covers, thinking, it is way too early for anyone to be out of bed, i hope dan is grateful for all that i am doing for him...

...just being honest...

then i remembered a scripture i read not all that long ago that said, those that seek me early shall find me.

okay, so God totally knows that i am not a morning person, so why would He say, if we seek Him early we will find Him? (i'm just bold enough to believe that God really DOES care that i, christie ponjican, am not a morning person and that i would have a really hard time staying awake long enough to make one complete sentence in prayer before drinking three cups of coffee) I guess the question is how early is early? =)

so, here's the scripture... proverbs 8:17 - I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

trying to justify not getting up at the crack of dawn, i decided to study what early really means here. maybe it means in advance of our problem... seek God each day, before a problem even arises?

according to http://www.blueletter.com/ and it's translation of this phrase, "and those that seek me early" is translated as, "to break, to break forth as light, as the dawn, to break into, to pry in, hence to seek"

oh! what a relief, you do not have to seek God early in the morning. instead, according to this verse, the phrase "we are to seek Him early" means, seek Him with the same fervency as the sun when it is shining brightly through the blinds of your bedroom window... it seems to break in.

the thought of the lady with the issue of blood comes to mind, she stopped at nothing to be healed, "enough is enough!" she said, "i must touch the hem of His garment." she was a seeker, and as God always seems to do, He kept His Word. those that seek me, shall find me.

thanks, God, for being so real to me today, and for understanding that i really enjoy sleeping in sometimes. i am so glad You're cool with that. You do not require more of me than i can give. i know, God, that the Bible tells us not to love sleep, and the sound of, "go to the ant thou sluggard!" rings in my ears weekly, you're working on keeping me balanced, and i am so thankful.

as for serving my husband each morning, i am working on doing that with a smile on my face.

i am really thankful for dan, he is one of a kind and truly the best there is!

0 comments: