Ask, Knock, Seek

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: Matthew 7:7

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luke 11:9

After studying the above verses in my God time today, I am intrigued by the translation that http://www.blueletter.com/ offers for the word seek.

Seek translated is – to look in order to find, to find out by thinking, meditating, reasoning and enquiring, to aim for, to require, to demand, to crave, to demand something from someone.

These verses are so easy for me to quote, and no doubt, they are tremendously inspiring and encouraging. To be real with you, however, I find it a little difficult sometimes to truly depend on scriptures like these during my daily walk with God.

I am learning each day to truly SEEK God, as He has told us to seek Him in His Word – seek, by meditating, enquiring, craving, desiring Him more than anything else – and we will find Him and know Him more.

Another scripture comes to mind, Psalm 42:1 - As the hart (deer) panteth (to long for, to be untamed) after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

And another…Matthew 5:6 - Blessed [are] they which do hunger (to crave ardently to seek with eager desire) and thirst (to eagerly long for those things by which the soul is refreshed, supported, strengthened) after righteousness: for they shall be filled (satisfied).

Thanks, God for the reminder today, that as long as I keep my end of the deal, you will keep yours.

0 comments: