Spiritual Foundation

Spiritual Foundation

I Timothy 6:19 - says, "Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life."

This short study goes along with what I studied yesterday, in Psalm 40 - David wrote about God lifting his feet out of the miry clay and establishing his feet on the rock.

In Isaiah 28:26, we see that Zion is built on the foundation of a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation:

In Matthew 7:24 we read that a wise man builds his house upon a rock.

In I Corinthians 3:11 we see that Jesus Christ is the foundation.

2 Timothy 2:19 says that the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, "The Lord knoweth them that are His."

I want to build a stronger foundation for myself in the Word of God every day during my coffee time with God. =)

I want the foundation or beginning of my day to be in His Word, gathering strength, becoming more sure of who I am in Jesus each new day.

If I build my life upon Jesus, I can be sure that in time to come, when I need Him most, He will say,"I know you, you are mine, I will take care of you, because you have built wisely." (2 Timothy 2:19)

0 comments: