Mom and Dad and Grateful Hearts

so, i woke up this morning thinking of my mom and dad and how grateful i am for them.

after my alarm went off a gazillion times, i woke up, clicked the snooze button (for five more minutes of blissful rest), and began praying for my dad and my mom...no joke, like every single time my alarm went off, i would awake and begin praying... then fall back asleep again... i know that's horrible... but it's the thought that counts, God honors that!

i was very persistent! between 7am until, dare I say, my husband called in the later hours of the morning, i did this...

i need to call my parents today, i miss them so much.

we are going up north this weekend for memorial day, i am very thankful for this!

matthew 19:19 says, "Honour thy father and [thy] mother:..."

i give honor to my mom and dad today and always... i am so thankful for the many sacrifices they have made for me to live the life that i live and that i love living... they showed me the truth as a youngin' (as my mom would say), and they have led me in it all of my life. the Bible says, train up a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it. i am a testimony of this.

i cannot say enough about my parents, they have always believed in me, and that has meant the world! i certainly could never be where i am today, with the confidence that i have today, without their godly influence in my life.

i ask God everyday to keep His hand of protection upon them and to bless them in every area of their lives, physical health, finances, wisdom, patience, etc., etc., etc. =)

thanks God, for knowing exactly what i needed - before i was even born.

you have given to me the best parents on the planet!

0 comments: